Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tender chicken is slightly sweet & spicy! You can kick it up by adding an extra chipotle pepper and you can leave the seeds in. Cooking time depends on how thick the breast are.
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 2 scallions, white and green chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and garnishes. Reserve 1/3 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing frequently with remaining mayonnaise mixture, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Serve chicken with reserved mayonnaise mixture and garnish with diced red peppers and cilantro.
I made this one last week and forgot to review it... It was wonderful on both chicken and thick cut pork chops. I will make this often this summer! I did use just dijon mustard and not the honey mustard, but added a bit more sugar free honey than called for. I also made extra so I could use some as a dip. This also, made the meat very moist and tender, though I am not quite sure how long I marinated before grilling. Delicious! I am trying another chicken recipe from you tonight and hope the results are as great as this one:)
I made this recipe on Memorial Day and I loved it. There was one chicken breast that was a little thin that got dried out, but all of the thicker breasts cooked great. The Chicken was spicy and the mayo mixture made for a great condiment. I'll definitely be making this one again.
The mayo mixture is delish. I made it with non-fat miracle whip and it's still some of the best chipotle mayo I've made. The chicken was nice but maybe we didn't get enough mayo on it before and during grilling because it didn't have much flavour. We did dip it in the mayo mixture as we ate it and it was very good. Next time I'll try and get more of the sauce basted on. Thanks for posting.