Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From the 15 Minute Low Carb cookbook.
- 3 turkey legs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, any type you wish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, plus a couple tsp of the sauce they come in
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add chicken or turkey to crock pot.
- Pour sauce over the meat. Cover.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve (with something to drink, very spicy).
This was great chicken. I didn't add the chipotle chiles the recipe asked for, but it was still a nice spicy taste to the tongue. Made for My 3 Chefs Event 09