Adapted from one of Emeril's recipes, where he did an episode with "crazy tacos". We like to make this and serve it in the fish tacos. I don't use Emeril's fish taco recipe, though. Instead I serve with Fish Tacos. I've change the propotions a bit and added some extras like cilantro and carrots. I really like the onions. Update 6/6/07: I made this tonight and measured everything as I made it, so I've updated the amounts (usually I don't measure, but just eyeball it).
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped (use more if you like it really spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (add more if you like it saucier. 1/2 cup makes just enough to lightly coat)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded very thin
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded very thin
- 1 cup red onion, sliced vertical very thin
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Make the dressing first. Combine the chipotle peppers, mayonnaise, honey and lime juice.
- In another large bowl, combine the cabbages, onions and carrots. Drizzle the dressing over the top, sprinkle cilantro over the whole thing, and toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and chill until serving time.