Recipe by MathMom.calif
Adapted from one of Emeril's recipes, where he did an episode with "crazy tacos". We like to make this and serve it in the fish tacos. I don't use Emeril's fish taco recipe, though. Instead I serve with Fish Tacos. I've change the propotions a bit and added some extras like cilantro and carrots. I really like the onions. Update 6/6/07: I made this tonight and measured everything as I made it, so I've updated the amounts (usually I don't measure, but just eyeball it).
Top Review by Lesley G
I took one bite and had to put it in the trash. It was way too spicy, but with that aside, the flavor was just very unappetizing. My husband thought it was just okay. To make it easier, instead of trying to finely chop the chiles, I'd put all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped (use more if you like it really spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (add more if you like it saucier. 1/2 cup makes just enough to lightly coat)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded very thin
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded very thin
- 1 cup red onion, sliced vertical very thin
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing first. Combine the chipotle peppers, mayonnaise, honey and lime juice.
- In another large bowl, combine the cabbages, onions and carrots. Drizzle the dressing over the top, sprinkle cilantro over the whole thing, and toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and chill until serving time.