1/1 Photo of Spicy Chipotle-Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Closet Foodie's Note:
Looking for something a little different this Thanksgiving? Here's a nice way to liven up your menu or to ensure that you aren't the fifth person to bring candied yams to that family dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes.
- 3Cut each sweet potato into bite-sized chunks (make each piece roughly about an inch).
- 4Add the sweet potato pieces, the extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, and chipotle to a gallon-sized storage bag.
- 5Close the storage bag and shake, making sure all of the spices are evenly distributed on the pieces (otherwise you might find out what happens when too much chipotle sticks to an individual piece).
- 6Spread out the spiced sweet potato pieces in an even layer onto a baking sheet.
- 7Salt to taste.
- 8Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes, then using a spatula to turn them, place them back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. If you like them crisper, you can add a few minutes, just make sure to check on them so they don't burn. Serve them as they are, or you can dip them in ketchup like french fries.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chipotle-Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g