Looking for something a little different this Thanksgiving? Here's a nice way to liven up your menu or to ensure that you aren't the fifth person to bring candied yams to that family dinner.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes.
- Cut each sweet potato into bite-sized chunks (make each piece roughly about an inch).
- Add the sweet potato pieces, the extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, and chipotle to a gallon-sized storage bag.
- Close the storage bag and shake, making sure all of the spices are evenly distributed on the pieces (otherwise you might find out what happens when too much chipotle sticks to an individual piece).
- Spread out the spiced sweet potato pieces in an even layer onto a baking sheet.
- Salt to taste.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes, then using a spatula to turn them, place them back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. If you like them crisper, you can add a few minutes, just make sure to check on them so they don't burn. Serve them as they are, or you can dip them in ketchup like french fries.