Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe originally came from Cooking Light. I changed it up a little by using black beans. It is so deliciously spicy and quick and easy to make. Also good served over hot brown rice and sprinkled with cheese. Enjoy!
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 439.41 g can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 2 cups)
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher. Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Remove from heat; stir in olive oil. Serve into bowls and top with sour cream and cilantro.