TexasToast R's Note:
This recipe originally came from Cooking Light. I changed it up a little by using black beans. It is so deliciously spicy and quick and easy to make. Also good served over hot brown rice and sprinkled with cheese. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher. Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in olive oil. Serve into bowls and top with sour cream and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chipotle Black Bean, Chicken and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 678.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 31.5 g