Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sauce-like salsa has a surprising spiciness to it. At first it is more of a smoky taste, then the spice hits you. But the great thing is it does not leave your mouth burning. I combined salsa inspirations from 2 places I have lived. Ecuadorian "Aji", and Mexican Salsa. It won the big salsa competition at work. It was named "Shut You Up" Salsa, but also was nicknamed "Sneak Attack Salsa" and "Delayed Reaction Salsa"
- 1 cup diced tomato, Drained
- 10 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo (I make my own, but you can usually find them canned, in the Intl isle of the supermarket.)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 fresh red chili peppers, stemmed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Diced
- 1⁄4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 10 -12 dashes TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- Combine lime juice, chili peppers, garlic, onion, and cilantro, in a food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is uniform. (Doing these items first is important. If don't, you will get unwanted chunks.).
- Add Tomato, and Chipotlés, blend until smooth.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and "Chipotlé Tabasco" sauce.
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- Let sit 3-6 hours, or even better, overnight for flavors to blend.