Recipe by JoyfulCook
As good as you can get in any restaurant. Its not hard to prepare at all and the flavour is a real taste sensation. The combination of the vegetables with the meat is delicious and just enough heat and spice to give this dish the nod from everyone.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
We thoroughly enjoyed this lovely dish for dinner tonight. I had extra meat, so doubled everything. For the veggies, I went for lots of colour and used snow peas, bok choy, red bell pepper (capsicum), young corn and red onion. It looked sensational.
But the recipe refers to Spicy and I wished it had been a bit spicier. I didn't have szechuan hot bean sauce, so used a New Zealand hot chilli sauce called 'Fire', but it still wasn't anything more than warm. So I expect this will be perfect for people who don't want too much heat. Thanks so much for posting. Will make again, but will add more heat.
- 150 g beef, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, large, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, Dark
- 1 tablespoon oil, peanut
- 2 -3 cups Chinese vegetables, Been Shoots, Red Capsicum, Bok Choy, Chinese Leaf, Baby Corn, Spring Onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, Light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons szechuan hot bean sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- water, to mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the beef in thin slices, place in a dish with the garlic and the 1/2 tablespoon of Dark Soya sauce and the 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce. mix well, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for half an hour.
- Cut up the vegetables of your choice, I use the vegetables I have mentioned, add the ginger and set aside.
- Place the light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame sauce and the hot bean sauce in the water, mix the corn flour with enough water to make a paste and add it to the water.
- Heat wok; add half of the oil and stir fry the vegetables. Place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two. Add the liquid, stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables back in and quickly stir.
- Serve with fried rice or noodles of your choice.