Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
As good as you can get in any restaurant. Its not hard to prepare at all and the flavour is a real taste sensation. The combination of the vegetables with the meat is delicious and just enough heat and spice to give this dish the nod from everyone.
- 150 g beef, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, large, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, Dark
- 1 tablespoon oil, peanut
- 2 -3 cups Chinese vegetables, Been Shoots, Red Capsicum, Bok Choy, Chinese Leaf, Baby Corn, Spring Onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, Light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons szechuan hot bean sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- water, to mix
- Cut the beef in thin slices, place in a dish with the garlic and the 1/2 tablespoon of Dark Soya sauce and the 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce. mix well, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for half an hour.
- Cut up the vegetables of your choice, I use the vegetables I have mentioned, add the ginger and set aside.
- Place the light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame sauce and the hot bean sauce in the water, mix the corn flour with enough water to make a paste and add it to the water.
- Heat wok; add half of the oil and stir fry the vegetables. Place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two. Add the liquid, stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables back in and quickly stir.
- Serve with fried rice or noodles of your choice.
We thoroughly enjoyed this lovely dish for dinner tonight. I had extra meat, so doubled everything. For the veggies, I went for lots of colour and used snow peas, bok choy, red bell pepper (capsicum), young corn and red onion. It looked sensational.
But the recipe refers to Spicy and I wished it had been a bit spicier. I didn't have szechuan hot bean sauce, so used a New Zealand hot chilli sauce called 'Fire', but it still wasn't anything more than warm. So I expect this will be perfect for people who don't want too much heat. Thanks so much for posting. Will make again, but will add more heat.