Recipe by Happy Harry #2
I saw a recipe like this on another web site. There were two ingredients I did not like...so by the time I changed that, I was also changing other things and came up with this....a potato salad WITHOUT the white stuff! UPDATE: My thanks to Susie D for reviewing recipe and for her honesty about the oil. It was not oily when I put it together and perhaps that was due to mixing while the potatoes were still very warm, thus absorbing the oil.
Top Review by Susie D
With the red & yellow peppers and the green from the onions & parsley this is colorful in the bowl. I liked the combination of flavors, but found the salad overly oily. Next time I will start with half of the oil & proceed from there. I was expecting something fairly spicy, but found 1/4 t of cayenne not enough spark. I ended up adding a good shake of red pepper flakes & several more sprinkles of additional cayenne. Heat levels though are very subjective so it might be enough as written for others. Made for this month's Asian Tag Game.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh garlic, fine mince
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thin slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients in blender.
- Cook potatoes (with or without salt) until fork-tender over medium heat. DON'T OVERCOOK, please, or they will fall apart.
- Drain well. Combine with peppers, onion and parsley in large bowl.
- Add blended dressing and toss gently. Add salt to taste.
- Cover and chill.