Prep1 hr 10 mins
This easy recipe is one of my favorite dinners for company. Leaving out the red pepper flakes, makes it a dish for anyone. Presented on a platter over rice, it looks very appealing. It is equally as good made on the grill, or in the oven. It originally came from a syndicated column in our local newspaper. Prep time includes marinading.
- In heavy duty freezer Ziploc bag, mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Add tenderloins and stir to coat all over.
- Seal and refrigerate at least 1 to 3 hours, turning bag over occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Line small roasting pan with foil.
- Spray a cooling or cooking rack with nonstick spray, and place on top of pan.
- Place tenderloins on rack.
- SAVE MARINADE.
- Place meat in preheated oven.
- Roast 9 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and roast 9 to 10 minutes more.
- Check temperature in thickest part of meat.
- It should read approx 160°F.
- Remove from oven, and allow meat to stand 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour marinade from bag into saucepan.
- Rinse the bag with the 1/2 cup of water.
- Add to saucepan.
- Bring to low boil.
- Boil slowly for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Right before ready to serve, add butter to sauce; stir.
- Slice meat into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on hot rice.
- Spoon marinade sauce over meat and rice.
- Top with green onions.
- Note: This can be cooked on the grill also.
- Cook until temperature reaches 150 to 160°F.
- You can also cook in oven for 6 minutes each side, and then toss on a gas grill for a few minutes for a outdoor flavor.