Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This marinade works great with most meats, especially pork tenderloin, see recipe 90325. It goes well with beef short ribs, pork, or even chicken. Red pepper flakes control how spicy you would like it to be. Cook the meat on your outdoor grill, or regular oven to recommended temperatures. Cooking time depends, on the meat you choose.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 -3 lbs meat, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 chopped green onions (optional)
- In heavy duty freezer bag, mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Add meat and stir stir to coat all over.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 to 3 hours, turning bag over occasionally.
- Remove meat, reserving marinade, and cook meat until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile pour marinade from bag into saucepan.
- Rinse bag with the 1/2 cup of water.
- Add water to saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Boil slowly for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Right before meat is ready to serve, add butter to saucepan.
- Heat through.
- Slice meat thinly, and pour sauce over meat.
- Top with green onions.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Fantastic, flavorful marinade! Since I didn't have hoisin sauce I used a Chinese Garlic and Black Bean Sauce. I used 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper and added 2 serrano peppers for extra heat. Marinated sliced pork for "Recipe#58428". Thanks again for the great marinade!