Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe is from the Favorite Recipe Book. This Asian-style stir-fry sounds delicious with the fresh green beans.
- 226.79 g fresh green beans
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper (or red chili flakes)
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- sesame oil
- Wash beans; trim ends, and remove strings. Slice beans in half lengthwise, and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and next 5 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook ginger and garlic in hot peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add beans and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir soy sauce mixture, and add to beans; cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with a few drops of sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Very good recipe for green beans. Would go well with anything, not just Asian food. I used m mirin instead of the sherry and sugar. Made for Chinese/Vietnamese New Year tag.
I just loved these green beans! I didn't have fresh, so used whole frozen green beans, thawed and rinsed. The mix of peanut oil and sesame oil, combined with the soy sauce is spectacular! A definite do again recipe. I plan on enjoying this often.