Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe is from the Favorite Recipe Book. This Asian-style stir-fry sounds delicious with the fresh green beans.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (or red chili flakes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- sesame oil
- Wash beans; trim ends, and remove strings. Slice beans in half lengthwise, and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and next 5 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook ginger and garlic in hot peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add beans and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir soy sauce mixture, and add to beans; cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with a few drops of sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Very good recipe for green beans. Would go well with anything, not just Asian food. I used m mirin instead of the sherry and sugar. Made for Chinese/Vietnamese New Year tag.
I just loved these green beans! I didn't have fresh, so used whole frozen green beans, thawed and rinsed. The mix of peanut oil and sesame oil, combined with the soy sauce is spectacular! A definite do again recipe. I plan on enjoying this often.