Spicy Chinese Chicken Wings
- Remove tips from chicken wings (can save them to make chicken stock). Cut wings apart at joint.
- Combine the 2 tbs rice wine, 1 tbs soy sauce, and white pepper in a bowl or ziplock bag. Mix well then add chicken wings to coat. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, dark soy sauce, remaining rice wine, and brown sugar in a small bowl to make sauce.
- Place wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and chilies, swirling to coat sides of wok. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, green onions, cinnamon stick, and peppercorns. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sauce, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until wings are tender when pierced, about 12 minutes.
- Remove and discard chilies, ginger, green onions and cinnamon stick. Add cornstarch solution. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens and wings are glazed.
- Serve hot.