These spicy, tangy chicken wings are always one of the first items to fly off our buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 whole chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 small dried red chilies, whole
- 6 slices ginger, each the size of a quarter, lightly crushed
- 2 green onions, halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1Remove tips from chicken wings (can save them to make chicken stock). Cut wings apart at joint.
- 2Combine the 2 tbs rice wine, 1 tbs soy sauce, and white pepper in a bowl or ziplock bag. Mix well then add chicken wings to coat. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine broth, dark soy sauce, remaining rice wine, and brown sugar in a small bowl to make sauce.
- 4Place wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and chilies, swirling to coat sides of wok. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, green onions, cinnamon stick, and peppercorns. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sauce, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until wings are tender when pierced, about 12 minutes.
- 5Remove and discard chilies, ginger, green onions and cinnamon stick. Add cornstarch solution. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens and wings are glazed.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chinese Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: