Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick easy Thai recipe I did at a Thai cooking course in Thailand. You can do these on a BBQ.
- 500 g green shrimp
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (see my recipe)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons shredded pickled ginger
- Peel the prawn but leave the tail on.
- Gently try and pull out the black vein using small tweezers.
- Combine the prawns, curry paste and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well and stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel wide strips of the lime skin and trim away any white pith and cut into very fine strips.
- Juice the limes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy based pan.
- Cook the prawns in batches until golden and cooked.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a serving dish.
- Drizzle with the lime juice and season well with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the ginger and lime rind over the top.