Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a crock pot cookbook. The original recipe doesn't call for corn, but I added it anyway. If you don't like it so spicy, don't add so much chili powder and/or pepper. We never use the salt; I used it the first time and we couldn't taste it anyway.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- Cook hamburger.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- If you like it more saucy, add a can-or-two-full of water.
- Simmer on stove until hot/boiling.
- You can also cook this in a crock pot on low for up to 10 hours.
I love chili as an igredient and I also love spicy foods but chili recipes as a whole are not my favourite. I made this becuase my hubby and my son love chili. So they are the judges of this one, my son said 5 my hubby 4 and he loves chili and has had so many so 4 is a huge compliment from him as he can be really critical. I thought it was delicious and for someone who isn't the biggest chili fan that is huge for me to enjoy it so much. I also have to say for the, I love it, but I have had better, both my men had seconds and my son had a bigger helping for his second dish than what I dished up for his first, so it must have been good. I will definitely be making again, especially when sports are on my boys love chili when they are watching their favourite team play on a sunday. Thanks for posting, I have no clue how to make chili so thanks for giving me a recipe both my men love. Your a champion.