Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Ingredients for making the chili:
- 1 lb boneless round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean beef, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 2 cans chili beans, divided (15 ounces each)
- Combine the first six ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 4 batches (20 teaspoons total). To prepare chili: Lightly brown steak in oil in a Dutch oven; add 3 teaspoons of the seasoning mix and toss to coat. Add ground beef; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add onion; cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes and 2 more teaspoons of mix.
- Stir in one can of chili beans.
- Place the other can in a blender cover and process until smo oth.
- Add to chili.
- Cook on low for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
Great seasoning. I spiced it up a bit more and added more cumin because I am a cumin addict. Thanks for the recipe.