Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is an accompaniment to the Mexi Meatballs I've posted. Hope you enjoy it, let me know.
- 1 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (I use tabasco)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup bottled chili sauce, 1/4 cup chopped onions, 3 T. vinegar, 1 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1/4 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoons bottled hot pepper sauce, and 1/8 teaspoons salt.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve warm or cool.
These were perfect with the Mexi-Meatballs. I poured this sauce over the meatballs in a chafing dish and they were a huge hit.