Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful, easy, spicy salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, with tomato bits
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Cook beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, and other seasonings; cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Place lettuce on individual serving plates; top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; garnish with tomato wedges.
- We serve this with tortila chips.
I was in the mood for something different. This did the trick. The chili was very well seasoned and I cooked it longer to get the thickness I like. I served with tomato wedges, chopped black olives, and sliced jalapeno. Very hearty and filling. Thanks Nurse Di.