Recipe by Calee
A quick way to add spicy flavors to your stir fry, or roasted vegetables, or rub on baked potatoes before baking.
Top Review by cookiedog
Not enough stars for this recipe! I can't believe how easy it is. My BF usually dumps the whole jar on his food when we go to dim sum or pho. I have tried purchased chili oil at the market but have never been impressed with it. This beats them all! I used 1 1/2 oil and 1/2 cup of crushed chilis and it came out extra spicy! The oven gives the chili oil a somewhat roasted flavor. Thank you so much Calee for this recipe I'll make again and again!
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 slices gingerroot (1/4 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooking oil, chilies, garlic cloves and gingerroot into an ovenproof glass bowl with lid.
- Bake in 300 oven for 1 hour until garlic cloves and gingerroot are golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- Line strainer with coffee filter or several layers of cheesecloth, strain oil into glass jar. Chill.
- Oil should be clear. Chill makes about 7/8 cups.