Welcome to heartburn central!!! (But they taste so good going down!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 (15 ounce) can hormel spicy chili with beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or scallions)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- sour cream, guacamole,olives,and/or salsa,for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 2Coat a baking sheet with about 1/2 tsp.
- 3olive or vegetable oil; sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp.
- 4of the cornmeal.
- 5Mash the chili in a medium bowl, using a fork, until the beans are almost smooth; stir in the cheese, cilantro, and jalepeno pepper.
- 6Unroll the pizza crust on a cutting board and stretch the dough into a 12" square; cut into quarters.
- 7(You'll wind up with 4 6" squares.) For each pocket, place 1 dough square on the baking sheet; top with a scant 1/2 cup of the chili mixture in the center.
- 8Fold from corner to corner to form a triangle; press edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- 9Poke holes in the top with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal.
- 10Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden; serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chili-Cheddar Burrito Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 643.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust