Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Welcome to heartburn central!!! (But they taste so good going down!)
Make and share this Spicy Chili-Cheddar Burrito Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 (15 ounce) canhormel spicy chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or scallions)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- sour cream, guacamole,olives,and/or salsa,for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Coat a baking sheet with about 1/2 tsp.
- olive or vegetable oil; sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp.
- of the cornmeal.
- Mash the chili in a medium bowl, using a fork, until the beans are almost smooth; stir in the cheese, cilantro, and jalepeno pepper.
- Unroll the pizza crust on a cutting board and stretch the dough into a 12" square; cut into quarters.
- (You'll wind up with 4 6" squares.) For each pocket, place 1 dough square on the baking sheet; top with a scant 1/2 cup of the chili mixture in the center.
- Fold from corner to corner to form a triangle; press edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Poke holes in the top with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden; serve hot with your favorite toppings.
My kids and I made these for a quickie Saturday night supper--really easy, really good. We did not use the jalapenos, however.