Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got the original recipe for this from Betty Crocker. I made a few minor modifications to the list of ingredients and the prep method. These are a great way to get added fiber to your diet. I haven't tried freezing these yet, but I have refrigerated the final burgers and warmed them up with good results. I like to use chili beans in spicy sauce. Prep time includes time to refrigerate the patties.
- 1 (15 ounce) canned chili beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (about 4 medium)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to container and refrigerate to firm up mixure (I usually let it set overnight, but I would think 2 hours would be enough to firm it up).
- When ready to cook the burgers, take the mixture and form into 5 patties.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning once. The patties will get a little brown when done (although it's hard to tell because the mixture is brown to begin with! When they are firm, they're done).