Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This chili is not for the faint of heart. That said, it's delicious. Zaar won't allow, so the reference to hot sauce is actually for Dave's Insanity Sauce. Be extremely careful when using this. They aren't lying - insanely HOT! Unsure of yield.
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kc masterpiece barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup cheese, your choice
- Saute' bacon until crisp and drain. Set aside.
- Pour off all the drippings except 3 T. Salt and pepper the stew meat and brown in the 3 T drippings. Add the onions and garlic and saute briefly. Return the bacon to the pan. Add the BBQ sauce, chili sauce, honey, tomatoes, bouillon, bay, chili powder, cocoa, Worcestershire, Dijon, cumin and Insanity Sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 3-4 hours. Add the drained kidney beans. Top with cheese to serve.