Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
If you like chili that has a good flavor and a little bit of "kick" to it without setting your lips on fire this is the one for you. You can find the Accent seasoning in the Mexican food section of your grocery store. If you like a really hot chili just increase the Cayenne Pepper to taste. Don't let the amount of Chili Powder scare you - it's just the right amount. The Jalapeno Peppers should cook to pieces - if they dont' you can remove them, mash them with a fork and return them to the pot.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, stems, membranes and seeds removed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packagesaccent sason seasoning (Culantro y Achiote flavor)
- In dutch oven over medium heat brown ground meat, onion and garlic, approximately 30 minutes.
- Drain well in colander and return to pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer for approximately one hour.