Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty appetizer popular in cool Italian cafè at aperitif time, to be served with toothpicks in small bowls.
- 250 g chickpeas (boiled)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- black pepper
- Prepare a vinaigrette by mixing with a fork the olive oil the balsamic vinegar and the spices in a bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and keep it cool in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve it in small bowls with toothpicks.
Super!!! I love balsamic with olive oil and it makes a great vinaigrette for chickpeas!! I used two 15 oz cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas and maharajah curry powder. I threw in only a pinch of cumin because I like that spice to be subtle in my dishes. Thanks for the recipe!!