- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml lemon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over low heat, warm oil and cumin; heat until cumin turns a darker shade of brown.
- Add salt, chili powder and lemon and pepper seasoning; mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes; once the juice begins to thicken add in chickpeas and mix well.
- Add in lemon juice and mix well; add onions and stir until they become soft.
- Remove from heat and place into a serving bowl; serve immediately.