Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very addicting.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml lemon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a large pot over low heat, warm oil and cumin; heat until cumin turns a darker shade of brown.
- Add salt, chili powder and lemon and pepper seasoning; mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes; once the juice begins to thicken add in chickpeas and mix well.
- Add in lemon juice and mix well; add onions and stir until they become soft.
- Remove from heat and place into a serving bowl; serve immediately.
Had these for dinner tonight, so quick to cook, and so good. Served with steamed jasmine rice. A couple of my favourite foods together, chick peas and rice, thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
I had this for dinner last night. Perfect.
Yum! you have been busy...222 recipes! about 30 of your recipes just popped up in my recomended recipe page!!! along with 4 of my own (??? *LOL*) So I thought Id load your page and check out some more of you'r great great recipes!!!! I make spicy chickpeas also, but I use dry (soaked) and deep fry them and then add garam-masala or just cumin, corriander and turmeric...plus salt...great snack and also addictive!