Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 ounces dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- Bring the chickpeas to the boil in plenty of unsalted water.
- Boil fast for 10 minutes; drain.
- Place in a non-stick pan with the vegetables and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Stir in the spices and ginger and lastly add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until the chickpeas are cooked.