Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own creation, I LOVE chickpeas, but I like them spicy hot. So, before you make this recipe, remember we all have different tastes! This is a VERY adaptable recipe, you can add what you want, adjust the heat level, decrease the salad dressing, you name it, this is a very flexible recipe! I serve this over hot toasted pita bread, or just as a side dish. I've replaced the asparagus with sliced zucchini, little broccoli florets, whatever is in the fridge... Note that preparation time does not include the 1 hour resting time in the fridge.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, minced (I often use more!)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (fresh is a must)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canof chopped black olives (depending upon taste, you may want to use 1/2 can)
- 1⁄8 cup diced red onion
- 1 green onions or 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 asparagus spears (tips only)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup of newman's own family recipe Italian dressing or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup your own italian vinaigrette, I interchange depending upon my time
- Drain and rinse (well) the Chickpeas.
- Place Chickpeas in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well.
- Let set for an hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve nice and cold with some hot Pita bread or just as a side dish.