Recipe by karenmargrat
Spicy Chick Pea Rice is a base of brown rice and chick peas with zucchini, fresh tomato and spices. Can be served hot or cold as a main or an accompaniment.
- 50 g cooked brown rice (uncooked measurement)
- 50 g chickpeas (tinned and drained)
- 80 g zucchini (weight before cooked)
- 45 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- spices (salt, pepper, paprika, herbs de provence, curry powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the zucchini into small pieces, using 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to sautee.
- Boil the brown rice until cooked.
- Dice the tomato into small pieces.
- Drain the chick peas.
- Combine all ingredients and add remaining olive oil and spices to taste.
- Serve either hot or cold.