Recipe by Abby Girl
Crunchy, low fat and packed with protein. This appy can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Experiment with other seasonings, such as curry powder, smoked paprika or cajun spice blends.
- 9 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with greased foil. Spread chickpeas on a large plate and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and oil. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on prepared sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, shaking the pan 2 or 3 times until chickpeas are golden brown and starting to crisp,.
- Turn oven off and leave chickpeas in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes to crisp. (at this point, you really want to watch as they can burn quite easily) Remove from oven and let cool slightly on baking sheet.