Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of those easy dip recipes that can be throw together rather quickly. You can skip the cayenne pepper if you wish; its still yummy.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups chickpeas, Cooked
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor or blender and puree until the garlic is finely chopped (if preparing by hand, finely dice and mash the garlic, then mix with the other ingredients).
- Add the chickpeas and continue mixing to a smooth paste.
- Garnish with the cayenne pepper.
- Served at room temperature or chilled.
Made this Saturday night and boy was it good!! I was going to take some to work today and I was so bummed I forgot. Thanks for sharing this and I will be making this again!
Hubby and I both loved it! I made a half recipe and we lunched on this as a dip for mini-poppadums (how's that for fusion cuisine?). I used about 1/2 tsp salt pureed in with everything else and I think it was about the right amount for us. Lots of flavor and quickly prepared (takes longer to wash, dry and put away the food processor afterward than to prepare the hummus). Thanks for posting!
I enjoyed this for lunch today with tortilla chips. Nice flavor, easy and quick to make! I halved the recipe and it still made a good 2 cups!Thanks Julie!