Recipe by Virginia Cherry Blossom
Found in Back of the Box Cooking Cookbook. Courtesy of Simply Organic.
Top Review by alligirl
These were enjoyable! I had a hard time shaping mine like wontons, (user error :-) ) but they tasted great anyway. These were simple to make, with ingredients I try to keep on hand. I did use Montreal Steak seasoning, as I couldn't find the simply organic brand. I will be making these again! Thanks for sharing, Virginia Cherry Blossom! Made for ZWT.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons simply organic spicy steak seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
- 30 -35 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup water (or 1 beaten egg white, to seal wraps)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, and Spicy Steak Seasoning. Add chicken and stir. Let marinate 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon meat (approximately 1 tbsp) onto each wrap. Moisten edges of wrap with water or egg whites. Fold over to make a triangle and pinch closed. Bring the ends together and twist slightly, forming the characteristic wonton shape.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.