Recipe by ElleFirebrand
Courtesy of Rachael Ray, this recipe from Foodnetwork.com uses classic Thai flavors. Here for safe keeping/nutritional assessment.
Top Review by Susie D
The color in this recipe makes the plate a delight and is ready quickly. I had one red & one yellow pepper on hand so used them.We enjoyed the garlicky, salty sauce. I also included the fish sauce, but was too faint of heart to add 1/2 tsp crushed pepper flakes and more hot sauce. I served scrachai at the table instead. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups jasmine rice, prepared to directions on the package
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice on the stovetop to cook, according to package directions.
- Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash hands and cutting board.
- When the rice is 6 or 7 minutes away from being done, begin your stir fry.
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
- Serve chicken and peppers with prepared rice, salad with peanut dressing.