1/2 Photos of Spicy Chicken With Peppers and Basil
Courtesy of Rachael Ray, this recipe from Foodnetwork.com uses classic Thai flavors. Here for safe keeping/nutritional assessment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups jasmine rice, prepared to directions on the package
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1Place rice on the stovetop to cook, according to package directions.
- 2Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash hands and cutting board.
- 3When the rice is 6 or 7 minutes away from being done, begin your stir fry.
- 4Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
- 5Serve chicken and peppers with prepared rice, salad with peanut dressing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken With Peppers and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 914.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 44.0 g