Recipe by :)Shirl(:
Nice cozy meal, to serve on those blustery days. Taken from "Taste of Home".
Top Review by JMMOELLER
I made this last night and it was delicious! It took about 40 minutes, the 90 min. that the recipe said, so I submitted a correction. It also did not say where to put the hot pepper sauce, so I added it to the tomato sauce mixture, and submitted that as a correction also. This was quick,easy, and very, very tasty!!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan or dutch oven, sauté the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin, mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, sauté chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear.
- Add chicken to tomato sauce, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Top with chicken mixture and garnish with sour cream if you like.