Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
fast easy tasty recipe..
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 2 chicken breasts, with skin and bones halved crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili oil, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine or 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the garlic, olives, 3 tablespoons of parsley and capers. Add wine (stock). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 mintues.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a platter. Spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
- Chili Oil:.
- 2 Cups olive oil.
- 4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Combine the oil and red pepper flakes in a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat until a thermometer registers 180 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Transfer the oil and pepper flakes to a 4 ounce bottle. Seal the lid. Refrigerate up to 1 month.