Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a deliciously spicy low fat chicken dish. You control the spiciness with strength of the curry powder you add. You can even leave out the chicken to use it as a side dish.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a frying pan and add the diced chicken.
- Cook until browned and put aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan and add the onions, zucchini, coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- Cook until the onion is transparent and the zucchini is soft.
- Add the chicken and the canned tomatoes and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the couscous.
- Add the sugar to the chicken mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over the couscous or mix together and serve.
I agree with the others who said this is bland. The recipe requires some tweaking to get taste. Four zucchinis seems like way too much, and I cut this to two and added some green pepper. I used an extra tsp of curry powder, and also added about 1/2 tsp salt. It helps to make the couscous with chicken broth instead of water too. I thought with these mods it turned out pretty well, but the fam rejected it.
We loved this dish! I only used 1 tsp of curry powder, but I added 2 tsp of Emeril's "Essence" I had mixed up a while back. And I accidentally bought diced tomatoes with basil and garlic. It came out fabulous.
Good... but pretty bland; not spicy enough for our tastes. I added three times the amount of curry (we are curry fanatics) and left the rest of the recipe the same. Thanks for sharing!