Recipe by Rogue Red
This is a deliciously spicy low fat chicken dish. You control the spiciness with strength of the curry powder you add. You can even leave out the chicken to use it as a side dish.
Top Review by aloozilla
I agree with the others who said this is bland. The recipe requires some tweaking to get taste. Four zucchinis seems like way too much, and I cut this to two and added some green pepper. I used an extra tsp of curry powder, and also added about 1/2 tsp salt. It helps to make the couscous with chicken broth instead of water too. I thought with these mods it turned out pretty well, but the fam rejected it.
- 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 4 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a frying pan and add the diced chicken.
- Cook until browned and put aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan and add the onions, zucchini, coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- Cook until the onion is transparent and the zucchini is soft.
- Add the chicken and the canned tomatoes and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the couscous.
- Add the sugar to the chicken mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over the couscous or mix together and serve.