Recipe by katie in the UP
This is good! I use skinless chicken breasts...but recipe calls for chicken 'pieces'. This also is good with a couple of Thai chilies...instead of the dried ones!
Top Review by Debbie R.
This was a little too sweet and bland for us. DH refused to finish his. I think it would be better with the mentioned Thai chilies and maybe some fish sauce? You couldn't ask for easier prep, however. It went together really fast and easily. I used light coconut milk, and it was still very coconut-y, and the consistency of the sauce was good. UPDATED: While eating leftovers, I put cayenne pepper on it and a few splashes of fish sauce. It was excellent.
- 680.38 g chicken pieces
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 88.74 ml butter (I use canola oil)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml honey
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- 236.59 ml unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil or butter in large skillet and fry the onion with the chicken to brown. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (if not using breasts it's more like 45 minutes).
- Serve with rice.