Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have used this recipe many times at dinner parties and people love it (even those who do not like blue cheese) so I urge you to give it a go.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons peri-peri
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup whole eggs or 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80 g blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine Wingettes with garlic, honey and sauces in a large bowl; cover, refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to hot 220c or 200c fan forced.
- Place Wingettes on a wire rack over a baking dish add water to dish.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 35 minutes or until Wingettes are well browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve Wingettes with sauce.
- Not suitable to microwave or freeze.
- Can be made a day ahead and reheated.