Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Spicy chicken vindaloo is a delicious Indian curry recipe that tastes amazing with naan, raita, or steamed basmati rice. It is spicy so make sure you have some yogurt or something on hand to take the heat away if you're not used to spicy foods.
- 3 cups chopped red onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-salt chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix your first 11 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in processor until a smooth paste forms. Heat your canola oil in a mid sized non-stick pot over medium-high heat. Add your paste from your processor and cook until just shy of brown, stirring for about 4 minutes. Add your cubed chicken and cubed red potatoes; simmer about 6 minutes.
- Add you chicken broth and raise it to a boil. Reduce your heat to medium-low; cover and let cook until potatoes are softened, stir every so often, this should take about about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Uncover your pan and saute until your cubed chicken is completely cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Serve over basmati rice, raita or naan, and enjoy your spicy chicken vindaloo.