1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Vegetable Soup
With the onset of winter I'm always on the outlook for new soup recipes to warm me up and this one, from UK chef Lindsey Bareham, caught my eye. I modified it to suit my taste. You can also use cooked chicken pieces in this recipe, just add them right at the end instead of earlier in the process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g new potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 hot chili pepper, sliced and seeded if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 250 g boned and skinless chicken, diced
- 2 roasted peppers, diced (I use the jarred variety)
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and soften the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Increase the heat slightly and add the leeks and potatoes.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leeks begin to soften.
- 4Stir the chicken and cook until it browns in patches.
- 5Now add the peppers and the stock.
- 6Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the potatoes are also cooked.
- 7Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
- 8Sprinkle over some coriander.
- 9You may also like to add a bit of lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 664.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: