Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I use Smanson chicken broth, I have tried others brands and Swanson seems the best for this recipe. Also, this soup is excellent after it sits in the fridge for a day or two......
- 2 (49 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can canned tomatoes
- 1 (23 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 10 -12 sprigs diced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- Mexican blend cheese
- Boil chicken in water for 20 minutes.
- Cook chicken broth on medium heat. Add onion, cilantro, and all spices. Add milk, tomato juice, canned tomatoes, carrots, and celery. Dice chicken when ready and add to soup, also add corn at this time. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. *for extra spice add cayenne.
- Cut flour tortillas into strips. Fry in oil until they become light brown. Take them out of fryer and salt (if desired).
- When soup is ready, ladle the soup into a bowl and add tortilla strips and cheese. Enjoy!