Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy chicken with sauteed vegetables and salsa gets layered between corn tortillas for a south-of-the-border casserole. Amazingly easy and fast to put together.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (24 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa (your favorite heat)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into halves,divided
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa and olives.
- Place half of tortillas onto bottom of 9" square baking dish.
- Top with half of chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.