Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adapation of a taco recipe we found on foodnetwork.com Add more or less of the chili powder to your taste. They're not terribly hot, but they've got some spice to them. The salsa is really good-but you may want to increase the jalapeno to make the salsa spicier too.
- 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken, chopped up into small chunks (we used a store bought rotissery chicken and cut it up)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salsa prep.
- Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop.
- Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
- heat the corn tortillas in the oven.
- mix the paprika, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper together in a baggie.
- add the chicken and toss to coat.
- heat olive oil in pan.
- add chicken and water.
- stir and cook until heated through and water has reduced.
- add chicken to tortilla shell, squeeze lime wedge over chicken, add salsa to top and enjoy!