1 hr 5 mins
Jennifer K.'s Note:
My DH created this delicious recipe. It's a great alternative to ground beef stuffed peppers. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 12 ounces taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 -5 large bell peppers, green, red, yellow (I like red!)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Boil chicken in a large pot until no longer pink.
- 3When chicken is done, shred with fork and place in a large skillet with diced tomatoes and green chilies and diced onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- 4Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place on cookie sheet, cut side down, and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and drain any juice from peppers.
- 8Fill pepper halves with chicken mixture. Cover with shredded Mexican cheese.
- 9Bake at 350°F for approximately 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 1397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 30.1 g