Recipe by Jennifer K.
My DH created this delicious recipe. It's a great alternative to ground beef stuffed peppers. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
Top Review by rjenniges
This recipe is very easy and quick. I did add 2 cloves of garlic and salt and pepper and one extra can (small) of green chilis. I think next time though I may serve with a bed of rice.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 12 ounces taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 -5 large bell peppers, green, red, yellow (I like red!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil chicken in a large pot until no longer pink.
- When chicken is done, shred with fork and place in a large skillet with diced tomatoes and green chilies and diced onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place on cookie sheet, cut side down, and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain any juice from peppers.
- Fill pepper halves with chicken mixture. Cover with shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40-45 minutes.