Recipe by Pepper Monkey
This is a thai inspired dish that i got inspiration for from 30 minute meals on food tv. I changed it around some to suit the ingredients I had on hand and my preferences and it turned out excellent. This smells and looks amazing when is done. Guest worthy dish! I've made this several times and have discovered that this works just as well using beef instead of chicken. Tofu may also be an option for the veggie people in your family. The red pepper oil should be available in the oils section of most major super markets. But, If you can't find the red pepper oil, go ahead and use plain extra virgin olive oil or another oil of your choosing.
Top Review by PanNan
I reduced the amount of red pepper quite a bit, but it still had plenty of heat. The basil really brightened the flavor, and the crunch of the peppers was nice, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in long strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in long strips
- 1 onion, sliced in long thin strips
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons red pepper infused olive oil
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jasmine rice according to package directions.
- In a large wok, heat oil until its very hot.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes in and add chicken.
- Be very careful not to let the red pepper flakes scorch! Trust me, this was learned the hard way.
- Cook chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell peppers.
- Cook until the onions and bell peppers are cooked but still have some crispness. You don't want them to be too soft.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove wok from heat. Add cleaned fresh basil leaves by tearing into pieces and removing stems.
- Serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!