Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually eyeball all the ingredients in this stew, add more spices if you like your stew really spicy.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces (can also use leftover chicken)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced (I like to lightly mashed mine before adding to stew)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cauliflower floret
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot, sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir in cinnamon, ginger, curry powder and cumin. cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until all sides are lightly brown.
- Add can tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, cauliflower, potatoes, green beans, chickpeas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer covered on medium-low heat for at least 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.